Monday, September 15, 2008

I stand in front of the mirror,
struggling to see,
Stuck between all the truth & lies
Is it really me?

Am I as tough as I appear?
To the people around who see
An image they hold on to
But is it really me?

Are my wishes any different now?
From what I’ve always wished for
Do I care any less?
For the dreams I had when I was four

Why have I decided?
to wear this cape?
What am I hiding from?
from what am I trying to escape?

All I can see now is a different me
Struggling between truth & reality
Searching for my true identity
One that’s not around for people to see.


Just my take on all our lives!! might be true might not…

2 comments:

chint2 said...

Good stuff, but like the disclaimer in the end..... as a take on people's lives ..... and then might be true or not... But still well written and a good come back and my take on this....


"At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, life and people will surprise you , and once in a while somethings may even take your breath away and sometimes the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate"

Read these quotes some years back

Mahesh Devarajan said...

Nice flow of thoughts. Reminded me of this

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.