Tuesday, February 04, 2020


I wake up to you beside me & wonder if its real
I wonder if u feel the way, when you touch me I feel
Your eyes are closed & there is a smile, I wonder what you are thinking
Then you turn away & hide your face, my heart just starts sinking...

Your smile across the room and glances we caught in between,
Those hidden encounters taking me to places I've known only in my dreams,
The longing I felt in those moments spent apart,
Your voice when you called my name tugged every piece of my heart.

The dreams I had woven, knitting the memories together,
leaving behind the cuts and scars, over the years I had gathered,
It was now my time to be cocooned with a smile,
The butterfly closed her wings tired from the covered miles.

It's now been days since we spoke & laughed together,
I 've forgotten the last time u kissed me or we hugged each other
or the time when I caught you staring & admiring me
holding my hands when there's no one around to see.

Then you walked away, with closed eyes and harsh words,
Crushed my soul cut through it with shards.
Left me standing all alone in the middle of the night,
Made me realize I’m my only savior, my only knight.

The glasshouse now stands shattered,
The heart all bled out and battered
The wounds within me will take time to heal
But the phoenix will rise, never again to kneel.


No comments: